Do you shudder to think how many hours of your life you’ve spent painfully and laboriously shaving, tweezing, waxing and trimming unwanted facial and body hair? What if we told you there was a pain-free, long-lasting hair removal system that will allow you to ditch the tweezers and razors? With laser hair removal (LHR) at CHRONOS Med Spa, cutting-edge medical laser technology offers a comfortable approach to removing unwanted hair for good, freeing you from the embarrassment of unwanted hair on nearly any part of your face or body.
Laser hair removal can safely and permanently remove hair from the:
- Face and Neck
- Bikini Line or Full Brazilian
- Arms and Legs
- Chest, Back and Shoulders
- Other areas as discussed with your treatment specialist
Our treatment system uses technology and low heat settings to provide an unprecedented level of safety and comfort while achieving superior LHR results.
Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Is Laser Hair Removal Right for You?
If these questions describe your struggle with unwanted hair, our system may be the perfect laser hair removal technique for you:
- Are you frustrated by the pain, inconvenience and high price of repeated waxing, shaving, plucking and electrolysis?
- Do you want the safest possible permanent hair reduction system that still achieves beautiful results?
- Are you a woman embarrassed by unwanted facial or body hair or a man struggling with humiliating hair on your back or too-dense hair in other areas?
- Do you have a low tolerance for pain, making other laser hair removal approaches too uncomfortable for your sensitive skin?
Laser Hair Removal Fast Facts
- Treatments are quick and convenient, ranging from just minutes for small facial areas to up an hour for larger zones like the legs or back.
- 4 to 6 treatments are required for optimal results because LHR only targets hair in the anagen (active growth) stage. Approximately 20% of hair is treated with each treatment, so multiple sessions are required for each body area.
- Our LHR sessions require no downtime or recovery period, just like a facial or a haircut!
- Actively growing hairs that are treated with laser hair removal should not grow back. Some patients may require a touch-up treatment 1 to 2 years after their initial sessions because of natural hormonal changes that can change hair growth patterns.
Does It Hurt?
Our system is very comfortable, especially when compared to other LHR technology. This is one of the few laser hair removal procedures that doesn’t require numbing cream, though our patients with especially sensitive skin or very low tolerance for discomfort may request a topical numbing cream for complete comfort.
How Does it Work?
Prior to your treatments, it’s important that you don’t wax, pluck or have electrolysis for 4 to 6 weeks. Our expert med spa staff will adjust the laser equipment to your specific hair color, target zone and hair thickness. After applying a cold gel to protect outer layers of the skin and help the laser penetrate safely, our LHR device will use an intense, pulsating beam of laser light to target individual hair follicles, destroying them to inhibit future hair growth. Afterward, we will apply ice packs and anti-inflammatory ointments to ease any temporary discomfort or mild redness that may occur.
For a couple days following treatment, treated areas may look and feel slightly sunburned. Cold compresses and gentle moisturizers will ease any discomfort and help the skin to heal. Over the next month, treated hairs will fall out. Be sure to use quality sunscreen for the month after treatment (and just in general!) to prevent temporary changes in the color of treated skin. Usually, 4 to 6 sessions are required for maximum hair reduction in the treated areas.
Request a Consultation
We make it easy to access premier mind and body wellness services – all in one location.
Take the first step toward the best version of yourself and join a wellness community unlike any other!